For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Saturday 20 September 2014

“People kept on coming to Jesus from one town after another; and when a great crowd gathered Jesus this parable.” (Lk 8:4)

“People kept on coming to Jesus from one town after another; and when a great crowd gathered Jesus this parable.” (Lk 8:4)

Today’s Passage: Lk 8:4-15
Meditation: People kept on coming to Jesus from town after another. Why did they keep on coming to Jesus? Is it because of his healing power? It can be! But we find just before this passage Jesus forgiving the sinner woman and several women following him surrendering all what they had. Then, of course all the reason we have to think that they were not coming only to get healed, but to hear the word of the Lord too. See! How naturally Jesus behaves. When Jesus saw a great crowd around him he spoke this parable. What was it about? It was about the kingdom of God. He had no other themes except God the father, the kingdom of God and its values. A very interesting personality Jesus is! Whatever people ask him, Jesus has only one answer: “the Father.” Where have you come from? “I am coming from my father.” Where are you going to? “I am going to my father.” What are you doing then? “I am doing the work and the will of my father.” What are you saying? “I am saying nothing of my own, but what I learned from my father.” Is it not quite interesting? It is this authenticity I hope, that attracted the large crowd always. It is this same authenticity St. Paul kept throughout his life and that caused the beginning of many early Christian communities/churches. “I have been put to death with Christ on his cross, so that it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me.” (Gal 2:20) He asks the Christians, “Examine yourselves to see whether you are living in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you? If he is not in you, indeed then, you fail to pass the test!” (2 Cor 13:5) What a marvelous zeal! Even today wherever the word of God is preached in its purity and authenticity there you will find people flowing in large numbers. “The time is surely coming, says the Lord God, when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, or thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord.” (Amos 8:11) Am I ready to give the word of the Lord like Jesus and St. Paul? -  Unless, indeed then, people will find out their own places where they get the word of the Lord in its abundance. Remember all our houses, buildings, institutions, and churches are more attractive than ever! Lord, have mercy on us! 
              
 Prayer:    Lord God, we thank you and praise you for your daily eternal bread. Once again I pray: Make me an instrument of your message and kingdom, wherever I go and whomever I meet. And also give me the openness to appreciate the ministries of others like St. Paul who said, “It doesn’t matter! I am happy about it – so long is Christ is preached in every way possible, whether from wrong or right motives.” Amen!


Greetings:       Take courage! God is with you! Have a nice and blissful Saturday…   

No comments:

Post a Comment