For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Saturday 6 September 2014

Jesus answered them, “Haven’t you read what David did when he and his men were hungry?” (Lk 6:3)

Jesus answered them, “Haven’t you read what David did when he and his men were hungry?” (Lk 6:3) 

Today’s Passage: Lk 6:1-5
Meditation: Long years ago whenever I heard someone smoothly quotes from the bible I used to have great admiration for him. And I had the impression that these people know the word of the Lord thoroughly. How is it possible to remember all these verses by heart? How blessed they are! “Why can’t I try?” I said to myself. I began slowly with some themes, some special number verses, and particular chapters and books of the bible. I felt also that Jesus the word incarnate held me fast in this journey; rather I got hold of the hand of the Lord. Months and years gone, I was also able to memorize few verses from the bible. I was very happy and then, the problem was those verses were not sufficient to answer some of the questions of the people. I continued, then, my journey of learning the bible and still it continues. But Lord Jesus asks at times me the same question he asked the Pharisees, “Haven’t you read what David did when he and his men were hungry?” (Lk 6:5) Though I could answer many a time in the affirmation, Lord was not happy with me, for often I knew only the letters not the spirit of the Word of the Lord. The Pharisees also knew the letters but failed to grasp the spirit of the word. Today as I meditate on this word, Jesus the incarnate word reminds me all the more about the same. It is easier to memorize the word of the Lord, but very difficult to get into the soul of the word. With our intellect we go deep into the letters, but we need our heart and mind to go into the soul of the word. Now I am not at all proud of my knowledge of the letters of the bible, rather ashamed that I am not fully able to get into the soul of the word as Jesus wants.                                        
 Prayer:    Lord God, we thank you and praise you for your daily eternal bread. How many months and years now have gone by now since the beginning of my bible readings and studies! Lord, today I know for sure that all my genuine efforts were in vain only because of that I was not really concentrating on finding the soul of the word. Throughout the daily bible reflections please help me by sending your holy Spirit to go deep into the spirit of your word. Amen! 


Greetings:       Take courage! God is with you! Have a nice and blissful Saturday…   

No comments:

Post a Comment