For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Thursday 4 September 2014

He said to Simon, “Push the boat out further to the deep water, and you and your partners let down your nets for a catch.” (Lk 5:4)

He said to Simon, “Push the boat out further to the deep water, and you and your partners let down your nets for a catch.” (Lk 5:4) 

Today’s Passage: Lk 5:1-11
Meditation:  Just imagine that scene at the shore of Lake Tiberius. The poor and desperate fisherman Peter was washing his nets on the shore after a tiresome hard work overnight. It was at this time Jesus came to him and asked for his boat for a short time. Peter might have thought if it were helpful for him let him, although it was not useful for me the whole night. While Jesus was teaching the people sitting in the boat Peter might have listened to him and as a result he was not reluctant to do what Jesus had commanded him. The next is the miraculous catch of fish. Peter couldn’t believe that at all. He cried out, “Go away from me, Lord! I am a sinful man!” (5:8) Yes! In our life also the miracles are possible, I do believe, if we allow ourselves surrender to God. Today, my point of reflection is Peter’s surrender of his “useless” boat to Jesus. It didn’t make any profit for him on that cursed day. But, after giving that “useless” boat for a while to Jesus, what we find there, is the “useless” becoming the “blessed one.” The “empty boat” becomes “a boat full of fish.” There are some things, moments, and talents etc, which are not found useful in our lives. Even we have sometimes many complaints against our own children as to they are of no use, not good at studies, hopeless, careless, lazy, arrogant and so on. Often we go on cursing them or God on account of them. But, did you ever surrender them to the Lord like Peter? Whatever you surrender at the foot of the Lord will be blessed by him. Did you ever try to surrender your lips for his songs? Your eyes, for his darshan? Your ears, for his words? Your intellect, to reflect on him? I assure you that it brings a lot of difference in your life.             
 Prayer:    Lord God, we thank you and praise you for your daily eternal bread. How many days and weeks have I wasted in my life murmuring against God or against our brethren? Cursing my life situations, life partner and children, job situations and so on; how many days and weeks have I wasted in my life? Lord, today I know that you are closer to me than anyone to make fruitful and blessed. Send your Holy Spirit upon me so that I may grow ever in your love and remain in it.      

Greetings:       Take courage! God is with you! Have a nice and blissful Thursday…   

No comments:

Post a Comment