For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Jesus continued, “Now to what can I compare the people of this day? What are they like?....” (Lk 7:31)

Jesus continued, “Now to what can I compare the people of this day? What are they like? They are like children sitting in the market place.” (Lk 7:31) 

Today’s Passage: Lk 7:31-35
Meditation:  A totally different face of our Lord Jesus Christ is recounted in today’s verse. Most of the gospel accounts reveal Jesus as having the feeling of sympathy or pity for the people. And that makes the background for Jesus’ miracles; feeding the five thousand people, (Mk 6:34) and raising the son of the widow at Nain, (Lk 7:13). Sometimes, we find Jesus rebuking the Pharisees, the scribes and the Sadducees, admiring John the Baptist, the people and his disciple, and meticulously observing the activities of people; poor widow’s offering and the woman’s anointing. Yet another time, he is asking for the opinion of people and disciple about himself, rejoicing in his spirit, and weeping before the tomb of Lazarus. Different and many are the scenes! Among all these today’s reaction of Jesus stands distinguished and illustrious. Does Jesus feel dejected because of the indifference of the people? May be! Because, the indifference is the greatest tragedy man is going to face, for the opposite of love is not often hatred, rather it is indifference. That is why it is said, ‘love me or hate me but spare me your indifference.’ The greatest punishment you can give to others is to be indifferent to others. The book of revelation says, “I know that you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were either one or the other! But because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I am going to spit you out of my mouth!” (Rev 3:16) Have your say before others! Jesus is asking today to you and me, “Do you love me?” And if, instead of giving Jesus an answer positive or negative, I remain indifferent that will be the greatest sin against him. It is high time to review ourselves and give our individual answer to him. Am I indifferent to the love of my God, my brethren, spouse, children, and friends? If yes, I am punishing him/her in a cruel way. Let us not be like the children sitting in the market place.                                                          
 Prayer:    Lord God, we thank you and praise you for your daily eternal bread. Many a time, you have come to me and asked about my relationship to you, my brethren, and the church, but I was indifferent to your question. Now I know that you expect from me an answer. After receiving all the graces from you and still I keep myself indifferent to your generosity, like the one who got thousand talents and hid under the ground, I will be punished. Give me your Holy Spirit and guide me to lead a life of accountability. Amen!    

Greetings:       Take courage! God is with you! Have a nice and blissful Wednesday…   

No comments:

Post a Comment