For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Monday 29 September 2014

“Jesus answered, ‘I saw you when you were under the fig tree before Philip called you.” (Jn 1:48)

“Jesus answered, ‘I saw you when you were under the fig tree before Philip called you.” (Jn 1:48)

Today’s Passage: Jn 1:43-51
Meditation: “Jesus answered, ‘I saw you when you were under the fig tree before Philip called you.” (Jn 1:48) The immediate response of Nathanael to this was, “Teacher, you are the Son of God! You are the king of Israel!” He might have thought that nobody except God could know of his secret/private life. We read in the book of Samuel that mortals can see only the outward appearance whereas God looks into the heart of man. (1 Sam 16:7) It reminds me also of the testimony of the Samaritan woman, “Come and see a man who told me everything I have ever done! He cannot be the Messiah, can he?” (Jn 4:29) Yes, the revelation of my past doings by someone, it has to do something with the divine knowledge. As the reminding of my past life may lead me to God’s presence, the presence of God also can lead me to think of my past life. Therefore, after the miraculous catch of fish Peter asks Jesus to go away from him for he knew that he was a sinner. (Lk 5:8) Psalmist says, “Even before a word is on my tongue, O Lord, you know it completely.” (Ps 139:4) That means he knows also of my future. Jesus says to Judas, “Be quick about what you are doing!” (Jn 13:27) Only he knows who and what I am in its complete sense for “he is the same yesterday, today and forever,” (Heb 13:7) and ‘he is the first and the last; who is, who was, and who is to come.’ (Rev 1:8) That is why it is said that being before the Lord is more than being before the mirror. It makes you go back to your past life as well as look forward with a renewed spirit. St. Paul rightly puts it when he says, “I do not claim that I have already succeeded or have already become perfect. I keep striving to win the prize for which Christ Jesus has already won me to himself.” (Phil 3:12) Let us “walk before him and be blameless.” (Gen 17:1) This is what God wanted from Abraham and today wants from me and you.
                       
 Prayer:    Lord God, we thank you and praise you for your daily eternal bread. Lord Jesus, we do not know how to answer you for you know everything what we are. Like Peter we too repent on our sins and confess we are unworthy to be before you. But at the same we know for sure that it is this unworthiness that made us come to you and you to us. Lord, thank you for all what you have been to us. Amen! 
                

Greetings:  Take courage! God is with you! Have a nice and blissful Monday…   

No comments:

Post a Comment