For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Sunday 7 September 2014

“Finally, if he will not listen to the church, treat him as though he were a pagan or a tax collector.” (Mt 18:17)

“Finally, if he will not listen to the church, treat him as though he were a pagan or a tax collector.” (Mt 18:17) 

Today’s Passage: Mt 18:15-20
Meditation: In the process of reconciliation with our brother, the last stage is our meditation point today. What does it really mean? Personally I tried my best to come to an agreement with my brother, then together with two witnesses, and finally taken to the church, but all of them proved futile. Now what shall I shall do with him? When I went up to him personally and begged for reconciliation; didn’t I respect and protect his personality? Nobody knew about it other than us. If my language was not good enough or did hurt him, two mediators were also invited for making an atmosphere for reconciliation. Even then, why did he go astray from me? If you think that those mediators were on my side, didn’t we go to the church authorities, and why didn’t you then again come to an agreement? No! This is something more than I can bear. This is cheating and therefore, I am going on my own way. But Jesus says to me today, “Finally, if he will not listen to the church, treat him as though he were a pagan or a tax collector.” (Mt 18:17) What does it really mean? I hope that Jesus wants to say to us through this verse that he is the judge not anyone of us. Try all our human ways possible to regain our brother but the final judgment is from the Lord. Consider him as pagan or a tax collector doesn’t necessarily only mean that he is out of the church and the salvation, but it surely means that he is to be brought before Jesus’ mercy. We know for sure from the bible that these people were happy and at ease with Jesus. Will it be against the authority Jesus gave to his apostles and the church? No! It won’t go for in considering him pagan itself there is a judgment from the part of the church.             
 Prayer:    Lord God, we thank you and praise you for your daily eternal bread. Lord, every day we come across with some judgmental scenes in our life. Often we feel that we are right, we have tried our best, and what we have done is the best. But today you open our eyes today as to how to make judgment and to what extent can we go. Thank you, Jesus, merciful Father, and inspiring Holy Spirit for guiding us. Amen!  

Greetings:       Take courage! God is with you! Have a nice and blissful Sunday…   

No comments:

Post a Comment