For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Saturday 12 July 2014

“If anyone declares publicly that he belongs to me.."(Mt 10:32)

“If anyone declares publicly that he belongs to me, I will do the same for him before my father in heaven. But if anyone rejects me publicly, I will reject him before my father in heaven.” (Mt 10:32,33)



That is my Lord! He doesn’t like to be prayed in public places, but to be witnessed. He says, “When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites! They love to stand up and pray in the houses of worship and on the street corners, so that everyone will see them. I assure you, they have already been paid in full…” (Mt 6:5ff). That means, prayer is something between God and you. Of course, we don’t neglect the meaning of community prayer. But witnessing has greater value and has to be done more in public. In our time we find also people praising their leaders publicly in front of them but in their close circles they criticize or even insult them. People, who are very active in praise and worship services in the faith community, engage in all kinds of immoralities outside. Jesus warns, “Whatever is now covered up will be uncovered, and every secret will be made known”(Mt10:26). From the very beginning of Israel our life is a life of covenant. If he is our God w have to be his people. Receive and be received, reject and be rejected. Let ask for the special grace we need today to give witness to him in and around us.
              
Have a nice and blissful day.     

No comments:

Post a Comment