For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Wednesday 13 August 2014

“Whenever two of you on earth agree about anything you pray for, it will be done for you by my father in heaven.” (Mt 18: 19, 20)

“Whenever two of you on earth agree about anything you pray for, it will be done for you by my father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, I am there with them.” (Mt 18: 19, 20)

 Meditation:    In today’s word of the Lord, we find three things very striking and attractive; whenever two of you, about anything you pray for, and it will be done. What an assurance Jesus gives! What a simple thing, prayer looks! But Lord, how many times we were praying, asking, and weeping; my children and myself. How many years, we were praying; my colleagues and myself. Yet, we were not answered at all. Why? We were not asking for big things but for daily food and shelter; still we were not answered at all. Why? Again you say, “It will be done.” When? and Where? Often, you and I hear these responses from many people. Why our prayers are not heard by God? In order to answer this question we have to see first whether the conditions of prayers are really met. Has prayer got some conditions? Yes, of course! Prayer is always conditional. Jesus has expressed it many times; unless you forgive your brethren your prayer will not be heard, unless you help your brethren your offering will not accepted, unless you love your brethren you cannot love me etc. In today’s word of the Lord also, we find a beautiful clause, unless you come together in my name and ask; your prayer will not be heard. But, Lord, we are always beginning our prayers in your name only. Even then, our prayers are not heard. My friend, in my name doesn’t simply mean some verbal expressions. It is asking in the name of the person of Jesus, in the authority of the person and in the place of the person. Then, our prayers will receive the same form and spirit of the prayer of Jesus himself. Do you remember those moments of Jesus’ prayer? Then, you will of course repeat what Job said, “How can I reply, unworthy as I am! All I can do is put my hand over my mouth.” (Job 40:4) Hallowed be your name!
                            
Prayer:            Lord Jesus, we thank you and praise you for your daily eternal bread. Whenever we prove ourselves ignorant of real prayer, come to our help and make our heart and mind enlightened. Together with your disciples, Lord, we also want to be taught on how to pray, when to pray, and what to pray. Make us understand the meaning of praying, doing, speaking, and thinking in your name. Give us in abundance the Holy Spirit who makes us pray properly (Rom 8:26). Amen!

Greetings:       Take courage God is with you! Have a nice and blissful day…                      


No comments:

Post a Comment