For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Thursday 7 August 2014

“What about you?” he asked them. “Who do you say I am?” (Mt 16:15)

“What about you?” he asked them. “Who do you say I am?” (Mt 16:15)

Meditation:      That day Jesus and his disciples were going through the district of Caesarea Philippi, an area of Philip the tetrarch, mainly a gentile/non Jewish area. This area was filled with many temples of Baal worship, and of course, some temples dedicated to Caesar worship. Therefore, many people were not there around them and so both of them felt rather peaceful. This was the moment Jesus looking for, to be with his disciples and they are also now quite happy with him. Usually, they share the experiences they had while going through the villages preaching the good news of the kingdom of God. And Jesus enjoyed well those moments of sharing where he found them very happy and extremely excited of their ministries. However, today he wanted something different; to know about what people think of him. They were very happy to share it, for, during Jesus’ preaching or his performing miracles they were among the people. It was to the disciples people were sharing what they felt about Jesus… After all their sharing Jesus asked, “What about you?  There was a silence for a while, sometimes only looking each other. Jesus broke the silence, “Who do you say I am?” As usual Peter came forward and said, “You are the Christ, the son of the living God.”…  Oh! Peter you scored today a lot. I am proud of you and your answer. But I feel sorry myself, Peter, for amidst the many new temples of my own gods of money, institutions, worldly pleasures, name and fame, how can I answer this question sincerely? I am very helpless to confess and witness honestly who Jesus is to me. You were safe Peter, at least you could keep all those temples and gods outside you, but I find it very difficult to answer, for all of them are in me, in my heart and soul… yes, all of them are in me...

Prayer:    Lord Jesus, we thank you and praise you for the compassionate and steadfast love you have toward us, even when we went astray. Many a time you wanted us to confess you and witness for you, but we couldn’t because we were after our own … Like Peter, let us keep those things, which keeps me aloof from Jesus, outside us and let us walk not far away from him. Even his wounded holy face can remind me of my counter witness and can come back to you. Amen! 
  

Greetings:    Take courage God is with you! Have a nice and blissful day….  

No comments:

Post a Comment