For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Friday 21 November 2014

“Whoever does what my father in heaven wants him to do is my brother, my sister, and my mother.” (Mt 12:50)

“Whoever does what my father in heaven wants him to do is my brother, my sister, and my mother.” (Mt 12:50)

Today’s Passage: Mt 12:46-50  
Meditation: Look at the way the people considered Jesus’ mother and his brothers. They are asking Jesus to meet them immediately; “Look, your mother and brothers are standing outside, and they want to speak with you.” (Mt 12:47) They love Jesus absolutely and therefore, those who are beloved to Jesus are beloved for them too. How nice the people are!

Again, what did Jesus say? Jesus answered, “Who is my mother? Who are my brothers? Then he pointed to his disciples and said, “Look! Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does what my father in heaven wants him to do is my brother, my sister, and my mother.” (Mt 12:50) Those people who are listening to the word of God are beloved ones of God the father. Here Jesus also acknowledges that those who are beloved to the father are also his beloved ones.

Today, I want to meditate on our own relationships. How do we consider them? There are blood relatives, friends, masters, subordinates, teachers, and students, and so on. Remember that our relationship to these people says louder than our speeches and stories. Secondly, are these relationships rooted in our relation to God? It does matter a lot for Jesus. Does it matter to me too?

St. John says, “What we have seen and heard we announce to you also, so that you will join with us in the fellowship we have with the Father and with the Son Jesus Christ.” (1Jn 1:3) The letters and proclamations were for them to make a relation with God the father and Jesus Christ. In other words, whatever we do should be for the greater glory of God; to have union with God, to lead others into this union. 
           
PrayerLord God, we thank you and praise you for your daily eternal bread. Our physical birth into a family itself makes us related to a great number of people in this world. How more related we will be through our rebirth in baptism. O God, give us the courage to understand that we are related each other and have the duty to be thankful and help each other in our lives. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen! 
                

Greetings: God is with you! Have a nice and blissful Friday…

No comments:

Post a Comment