For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Tuesday 11 November 2014

“When you have done all you have been told to do, say. ‘We are ordinary servants; we have only done our duty.’” (Lk 17:10)

“When you have done all you have been told to do, say. ‘We are ordinary servants; we have only done our duty.’” (Lk 17:10)

Today’s Passage: Lk 17:7-10
Meditation: ‘I am very much desperate and sad. Even after the extra mile, leaving all the comfort zones of my life, do I have the right to get acknowledged my hard works and duties?’ was the question put before me by one of my lady parishioner, after sharing in tears some of her family problems. Many a time, in our own lives or from the experiences of others, who are around us, we might have experienced or heard the same questions.

I also had somewhat same experiences in my priestly life some years back. Whenever I remember some of my hard works for my people, parish, and institution, I used to have this kind of feeling. Something like, ‘people are not grateful,’ ‘they are selfish,’ and ‘they are not other-oriented,’ were my thoughts. But one day, I do like to call it today Lord’s Day, I was giving some spiritual counseling on complaining small things to a person. The Lord spoke through me to that person and the person got almost relieved and healed. To my surprise, after the session was the real miracle; suddenly I got an inspiration to read 2 Pt 2:19 and went through it. It goes like this, “They promise them freedom while they themselves are slaves of destructive habits – for a person is a slave of anything that has conquered him.”

Then, straight away I got the inspiration that it was for me and for me only. God graciously led back to all those words of the Lord I shared with that person who had only complaints on others and made me understand this much; ‘my son, unless you believe that it was for me whatever you have done, are doing, and will do for others, you won’t find happiness.” Oh, that was really unbelievable! Straight away God healed me too. Today, by the grace of God, I am learning to say after my duties to myself and others, ‘I am an ordinary servant; I have only done my duty.’ I wish you today the same to you too.
        
PrayerLord God, we thank you and praise you for your daily eternal bread. Teach us, how to be a faithful servant who always looking for God’s approval rather than man’s approval and reward.  Guide us throughout our life with the help of your Holy Spirit that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen!  
                

Greetings: God is with you! Have a nice and blissful Tuesday…

No comments:

Post a Comment