For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Tuesday 4 November 2014

“I tell you that none of those men who were invited will taste my dinner.” (Lk 14:24)

“I tell you that none of those men who were invited will taste my dinner.” (Lk 14:24)
Today’s Passage: Lk 14:15-24

Meditation: In the book of Revelation we read the angel of God saying, “Happy are those who have been invited to the wedding-feast of the Lamb.” (Rev 19:9) The same message we hear daily in the liturgy just before receiving the Holy Communion. However, in today’s meditation verse we find the master saying, “I tell you that none of those men who were invited will taste my dinner.” (Lk 14:24) This seems to be a response to the man who said, “How happy are those who will sit down at the feast in the Kingdom of God.” (Lk 14:15)

What does Jesus mean by this? In order understand this in a better way let us see also one verse from the gospel of John where we read, “He came to what was his own, but his own people did not accept him. But to those who did accept him he gave power to become children of God.” (Jn 1:11, 12) It really means that invitation of God in itself doesn’t make my salvation secure; unless and until I respond to it positively.

The word of God puts before us many examples of reception and rejection of the invitations of God through Jesus’ parables and teachings. Am I really aware of this fact? Why do the daily participation in the sacraments, frequent hearing of the word of God, constant prayers, and other regular good works make no change in me at all? Do I keep my own excuses against God’s call?
          
PrayerLord God, we thank you and praise you for your daily eternal bread. Help each one of us, by sending your Spirit upon us, to seek the will of God in everything. Let us understand clearly the meaning of “Be concerned above everything else with the Kingdom of God and with what he requires of you, and he will provide you with all these other things.” (Mt 6:33) We ask for this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen! 
                

Greetings: God is with you! Have a nice and blissful Tuesday…

No comments:

Post a Comment