For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Monday 30 June 2014

I will follow you wherever you go Mt 8:18-22

I will follow you wherever you go Mt 8:18-22
 
I will follow you wherever you go. My God, what a strong decision! Eighth and ninth chapters of Mathew are full of miracle narratives. We should remember it is in the midst of these narratives we find this challenging verse. How beautiful and useful it is to follow a miracle performer! It reminds me right now my childhood days as an altar boy. Whenever a new priest comes to our parish I was very eager to take him for a visit to different families. They were also very happy that I was regular and punctual. Since I knew almost all the families of my area it was very helpful for them too. When review myself today I find that it was not truly the expression of my interest in family visits or make fathers familiar to these families rather it benefited me a lot;especially I could share the coffee time with them. Yes, father I will follow you wherever you go. Back to the scene, Jesus answers the man,"Foxes have holes, and birds have nests, but the son of man has nowhere to lie down and rest." Lord, Jesus Christ I am very happy that I am with you today as a priest not for the coffee time, but to be simply with you and to be sent out wherever you like. Amen. Have a nice day.             

No comments:

Post a Comment