For malayalam "anudina thiruvachana dhyaanangal" please see the blog down left side.....

Thursday 30 April 2015

“Whoever receives anyone I send receives me also; and whoever receives me receives him who sent me.” (Jn 13:20)

“Whoever receives anyone I send receives me also; and whoever receives me receives him who sent me.” (Jn 13:20)

Today’s Passages: Jn 13:16-20; Act 13:13-25
Meditation: Let us thank God for today’s meditation verse for it adds new life and vigor to our ministry. Jesus says, “Whoever receives anyone I send receives me also; and whoever receives me receives him who sent me.” (Jn 13:20) How beautiful and meaning this verse is! However, we fail to put into practice often in our lives. Jesus himself exclaims, “Now that you know the truth, how happy you will be if you put it into practice!” (Jn 13:17)

Nowadays people are very selective as well as selfish. They are concerned only about those which affect or profit them or in short, what is related to them. ‘If you want something, have it! It doesn’t matter at all, whether it affects someone or not’ is the motto of today. Somewhere or somehow man loses the sense of correlations in the modern society. In due course, relationships become peripheral and artificial. Though gloomy and dissatisfied, everyone tries to keep a mask of business smile on his/her face. How dangerous and deceiving it is!

However, the word of the Lord always speaks of the co-relatedness; the revelation of the Holy Trinity itself tells about it more powerfully. Elizabeth speaks in a loud voice, “You are the most blessed of all women, and blessed is the child you will bear!” (Lk 1:43) A woman from the crowd speaks, “How happy is the woman who bore you and nursed you!” (Lk 11:27) Jesus himself says, “Father and I are one.” (Jn 10:30) Again, “You can be sure that whoever gives even a drink of cold water to one of the least of these my followers because he is my follower, will certainly receive a reward.” (Mt 10:42)
 
Once we lose this correlation, then, we may love and adore Jesus but keep away from the church; or we may love the church and may not give respect to the priests and religious. This looks funny and ridiculous indeed! St. Paul says, “Christ is like a single body’ which has many parts; it is still one body, even though it is made up of different parts.” (1 Cor 12:12) The question of the risen Lord to Saul at his conversion also conveys the same meaning, “Saul! Saul! Why do you persecute me?” “I am Jesus whom you persecute.” (Acts 9:4-5)

It is because of this same sense of co-relatedness, we find in the second reading, the officials of the synagogue sending a message to Paul and his companions, “Brothers we want you to speak to the people if you have a message of encouragement for them.” (Acts 13:15) Therefore, let us be more aware of this co-relatedness in our relation to Jesus, church, family and society.
                             
 Prayer: Lord God, we thank you and praise you for your daily eternal bread. Lord, give us the divine light to understand the real nature of the relation between you and the church. St. Paul clearly understood it and said, “Now I am happy about my sufferings for you, for by means of my physical sufferings I am helping to complete what still remains of Christ’s sufferings on behalf of his body, the church.” Lord, give us your light! We ask for this grace through Christ our Lord. Amen!


Greetings: God is with you! Wish you a blessed and fruitful Easter Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment